Saturday, November 6, 2010

Purpose, an unnecessary introduction, and ridiculous things.

     I'm starting this blog for the purpose of examining the part that logic plays in my society. I think that most of it will be based on fallacies and the effect that different words have in an argument, because that's what I see the most of, but I'll add as much as I can as time goes on. This will double as my Logic class's final project.

     My name is Holley. I'm a 21 year old female student. I'm an Atheist, a liberal, and maybe a little naive when I think of our society's capacity for positive change. I am unashamedly obsessed with social progress, civil rights, strong logic, and being as open minded and objective as I can possibly be. I am angry about the state of a lot of things, namely the lack of objectivity in our media and the obsession with "winning" in politics--instead of having a focus on doing things to benefit our country and its people. I argue on the internet about a lot of things. I play a lot of video games. I draw bad comics. When I "grow up" I want to be a social worker. Or an author. Or a video game programmer. Or a spy. I want people to listen to the things I have to say, because sometimes I really think they are important. That might just be egotistical of me, though. I would also like to get paid to do nothing. I think that's normal.


     If there is one thing that I could wish to come from this blog, it would be to have at least one person think "Man, I never thought of it that way. That is pretty ridiculous.". I would like to inspire someone to do something to make things LESS ridiculous. I would like to have one person think about their actions, and stop saying ridiculous things. I would like to make myself less angry about the state of things, and a bit more hopeful. I'd like to do the same for other people. I just want to do SOMETHING, so here is my first step.

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to capitalize atheist.

    :3

    Nah but keep it up bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL CAPITALIZE WHAT I WANT
    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete